Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Michael Anthony Baklava

This is the funniest shit ever. A few weeks ago, I had a party at my pad. We're toying with Rhapsody, and given the age group, Van Halen pops through the rabbit hole.

So, right in the middle of the normal Eddie Van Halen/David Lee Roth conversation, right in the middle of the thickest track, I hear a thread of conversation ... "Man, you know what the best part of Van Halen is? You know what they really had? Michael Anthony's backup vocals are just amazing!"

WTF!! Bwahahahaha, I'm nearly on the ground on this one. I manage to squeak out - "Michael Anthony's backup vocals are like, the smallest grain of crushed walnut in the 18th filo dough layer of the Van Halen baklava"

But, on deeper reflection - his backup vocals are pretty good. I'm a little bummed that his bass skills weren't mentioned. Actually they were, and people are like, "well, he only played like one note". IT WAS THE RIGHT DAMN NOTE U HOMOS.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home